Gain confidence that a design will work before doing any physical testing. Simcenter Nastran analyzes stress, structural failure, heat transfer, aero-elasticity, and acoustics to optimize designs.
Achieve Design Engineering Goals
Investigate product performance, accelerate design iterations, and reduce the need for physical testing with the leading finite element analysis (FEA) solver simulation tool.
Simcenter Nastran enables you to:
- Innovate using rapid iterations and by running “what-if” scenarios
- Verify product performance virtually by simulating a wide range of operating conditions
- Reduce risk and save time and money by minimizing physical test cycles
A Multi-Disciplinary Analysis Tool
Part of the Simcenter portfolio, Simcenter Nastran is a multi-disciplinary finite element solver covering structural, acoustic, and thermal analysis. Simcenter Nastran results are also consumable by many other Simcenter applications, enabling fatigue and strength analysis, motion with flexible bodies, correlation and model updates, and more.
Simcenter Nastran’s solution sequences include:
- Linear statics, including inertia relief
- Normal and complex modes
- Steady state and transient heat transfer
- Multi-step nonlinear (transient, frequency, random, shock)
- Rotor dynamics
- Design and topology optimization
- Design sensitivity (modes, statics, buckling)
- Vibro-acoustics and NVH
- High performance computing (SMP and DMP parallel processing)
Knowledge at Your Fingertips
Take advantage of Simcenter Nastran’s wide-ranging library of finite element types and material models, robust manipulation of load cases, and efficient solution sequences for analyses on models of unlimited size. There are also nonlinear material models to realistically characterize:
- Material plasticity
- Creep behavior
- Damage in composite materials
The solution also features a comprehensive element library including scalar, 0D, 1D, 2D, and 3D elements (linear and higher orders), and special elements such as spot weld and p-elements.
Simulate Reality with Nonlinear Analysis
Tackle simple issues such as the performance of a plastic snap-fit or complex problems such as creep and plasticity in aircraft engines. Both static and transient nonlinear analysis is available depending on the rate of loading. Simplify the modeling of sequentially dependent loads and boundary conditions. Simulate loading history, including pre-stress effects such as interference fits or bolt preload.
Most users can benefit from the ability to model another nonlinear effect: contact behavior. Simcenter Nastran includes contact algorithms for modeling contact effects such as friction and large sliding movements. These contacts algorithms:
- Update during a run (large sliding and separation, activation/deactivation in different steps)
- Support multiple friction models
- Offer contact stabilization options