Reduce reliance on physical prototypes and integrate mechanical computer-assisted design (MCAD) and electronic computer-assisted design (ECAD) for a faster, more efficient PCB design process.
Electronics, Mechanical, and Simulation Design Synchronization
The demand for increasingly complex and miniaturized electronics poses challenges that can be addressed by design synchronization and improved collaboration.
PCB Exchange is a platform for intuitive, collaborative, and efficient design of both rigid and flexible printed circuits. Its advantages include:
- Connects directly to all major ECAD applications
- Creates ready-to-solve thermal and structural models for Simcenter 3D
- Enables convenient cross-checking and results visualization
- Supports incremental comparisons and updates
The Benefits of Collaboration
Collaboration between MCAD and ECAD teams is complicated. It requires the time-consuming exchange of entire board layouts. It also relies on verbal communication and error-prone manual processes.
- Orthogonal, short/long, and 3D clearance types
- Checking of mechanical, component, and copper clearances
Smoother Downstream Workflows
In addition to the upstream improvements PCB Exchange provides when users are able to connect directly to ECAD applications, there are also benefits later in the design cycle.
PCB Exchange improves downstream workflows and integrates with computer assisted engineering (CAE) for thermal and structural analysis. Create ready-to-solve analysis models, mesh PCBs and components, and assign materials and stacking of physical layers.
Rich data exchange
Build the electronics and mechanical alliance for a digital advantage. Integrate highly accurate electronic data representations within a fully collaborative working environment. Deliver better flexible or rigid PCB designs with support for components in cavities, internal layer structures, blind and buried vias, conductive shapes, and RF shapes.
The Integration Toolbox
PCB Exchange features tools and capabilities to allow users to do things such as:
- Collaborate with intermediate data format (IDF) and IDX formats
- Import PCB manufacturing file formats like ODB++
- Track IDX collaboration history
- Create IDX workflow notifications
- Support IDX stack-up zone areas including layer stack-up details within NX
- Update existing Electronic Systems Cooling solutions
Handle Complex PCB Designs
PCB Exchange includes all the capabilities you need to design even the most complex PCBs with high-density packaging, such as:
- Internal layer structure including dielectric
- Support for locating blind and buried vias
- Embedded passive components
- Components in cavities
- Rigid-flex substrates
- Hole padstack and net name attributes for advanced conductivity calculations
- Conductive shape support
Thermal and Structural CAD-CAE Integration
PCB Exchange provides several advantages at the CAE stage, such as the calculation of layer-based component masses and mechanical properties for structural analysis.
Its built-in tools create ready-to-solve thermal models that prepare data for Electronic Systems Cooling or Space Systems Thermal, along with:
- Meshing of boards and components
- Assigning materials and physical layer stack-ups
- Specifying component models from your specific database
- Creating heat loads and thermal couplings
- Full integration with Teamcenter
The ready-to-solve structural model prepares data for Nastran, for linear statistics analysis, or normal modes calculation.
Leveraging technology to maintain competitive advantage on the Formula One racetrack In racing,...
Electric automotive manufacturer uses Simcenter and NX to move from concept to finished product in...
Airplane manufacturer reduces product development time for all-electric composite aircraft The...