Updated: May 25, 2018
We limit the collection of personal information to information which is reasonably required to fulfill the purposes for which it is collected. Please do not provide us with the personal information of third party individuals in the course of your use of the Applications, without obtaining their express consent for such a disclosure.
- When do we collect personal information?
We collect information that you provide to us when you use our Applications, including when you participate in activities such as:
- Visit our Website;
- Subscribe to our newsletters;
- Contact us with a question, comment or complaint;
- Engage with us on social media;
- Participate in one of our webinars or other type of event;
- Purchase Maya products and/or services;
- Request technical support through our ticketing system; or
- During phone calls with sales representatives.
- What personal information do we collect about you?
We may collect the following personal information:
- Newsletters. If you subscribe to our newsletter using the designated newsletter subscription form on the Website, we ask you for your email address. We may ask your consent to send you our newsletter when you fill in forms on our Website that request personal information, or in other contexts where you provide personal contact information through the use of our Applications.
- Customer Service. If you contact us with a comment, question or feedback through one of our electronic forms, through email or via telephone, we collect your name, email address, company name, telephone number and the comments, suggestions or feedback you provide.
- Social Media. If you engage with us on or through third-party social networking websites, plug-ins or applications, you may allow us to have access to certain information associated with your social media account (e.g. name, username, email address, profile picture, date of birth, gender).
- Website Information. When you visit our Website, we collect your IP (Internet Protocol) address and clickstream and other related information such as the websites you visit immediately before and immediately after visiting our Website, page requests, browser type, operating system, the Internet service provider you use, the number of visits to our Website, and the date and average time spent on our Website.
- Maya Events. If you participate in a webinar or any other event organized by Maya, we may collect your name, email address, company name, title, address, telephone number, gender, date of birth, IP (Internet Protocol) address and event attendance details.
- Maya Products and Services. If you purchase Maya products and/or services we collect your name, company name, title, phone number, business address, date of birth, billing and transactional information, user IDs and passwords and contact preferences.
- Technical Support. If you request technical support through our ticketing system we collect your name, company name, title, photo, phone number and business address.
- Third Party Information. We may obtain information about you from other sources, including service providers and business partners (such as our channel partners (resellers), business contact databases and enrichment service providers), and combine such information with information we have collected about you.
- How do we use the personal information we collect about you?
We limit the collection of personal information to that which is reasonably required to fulfill the purposes for which it is collected, namely:
- To send you newsletters or other information that you have consented to receive, as long as you want them;
- To deliver you Maya products and services you have requested and to process transactions;
- To respond to your requests or provide information requested by you;
- To send administrative or account-related information to you;
- To manage your account and provide support or other services, such as product updates, fixes and product and service recommendations;
- To obtain and understand your feedback or user experience;
- To monitor and/or improve our Applications, to determine how our Website is being used, to identify popular areas of our Website and analyze trends and usage patterns;
- To personalize your experience on our Website and on the third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications, and providing you with other products or services you may request; or
Maya will retain your personal information only as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and will delete or destroy same once those purposes have been achieved and the personal information is no longer necessary. Maya will also destroy your personal information when a request is filed for this purpose, or compliant with Section 6 below.
- How do we disclose your personal information?
We may share personal information about you with third parties in the following circumstances:
Business partners. We may provide your information to our channel partners, such as distributors and resellers, to fulfill product, service and information requests, to effectively deliver unified support, and to provide customers and prospective customers with information about Maya and its products and services.
From time to time, Maya may engage in joint sales or product promotions with selected business partners. If you purchase or specifically express interest in a jointly-offered product, promotion or service, we may share relevant personal information with those partners.
Please be aware that Maya does not control our business partners’ use of such information. Our partners are responsible for managing their own use of the personal information collected in these circumstances. We recommend you review the privacy policies of the relevant partner to find out more about their handling of your personal information.
Business transfers. In the event that we sell all or part of our business or make a sale or transfer of assets or are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, we may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of that transaction.
Compliance with Law. Maya, its affiliates and its third-party service providers may disclose your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or as otherwise required by applicable law. We may also disclose personal information where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, as otherwise permitted by law.
- How do you access, update and correct your personal information?
In order to assist you in a professional manner, the personal information that you provide to us must be accurate, complete and current. You may access, update and correct any inaccuracies in your personal information that is in our control and custody by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How can you withdraw your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information?
You may withdraw your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information at any moment. However, in the event you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to continue to respond to inquiries, provide adequate technical support or otherwise assist you in connection with the Applications.
With respect to marketing communications in particular, you may choose whether or not you would like to receive such communications from us. You may change your preferences with respect to marketing communications at any time clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email you receive from us, or emailing us at email@example.com and specifying that you no longer consent to receiving email, direct mail and/or phone communications.
Our Website may also use a technology called “tracer tags” or “Web Beacons”. This technology allows us to understand which pages you visit on our Website. These tracer tags are used to help us optimize and tailor our Website for you and other future visitors to our Website.
- How to we protect your personal information?
Maya protects your personal information by using administrative, technical and physical safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information. We use physically secure facilities, industry standard security tools and practices, and clearly defined internal policies and practices. Security measures are in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the personal information under our control. Personal information is stored in secure environments that are not available to the public (e.g., restricted access premises, locked rooms and filing cabinets) and access to personal information is limited to only employees, contractors and agents necessary to fulfill Maya’s obligations for the use of the Website and the Applications. To prevent unauthorized electronic access to the personal information, any information that is stored in electronic form is protected in a secure electronic and physical environment.
Whenever sensitive personal information is transferred through the Internet, Maya uses encryption or similar technology to protect the content of the personal information transferred.
- Does Maya transfer your personal information across national borders?
In some circumstances, personal information may be processed and stored outside of Canada by Maya, a Maya affiliate or a third-party service provider, and such personal information may be subject to disclosure in accordance with the laws applicable in the jurisdiction in which the information is processed or stored. These laws may not provide the same level of protection as Canadian privacy laws.
- How does Maya treat third party links?
- How to contact us?
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about our privacy practices, or wish to challenge same, please contact our Privacy Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 1.800.343.6292 from the U.S. and Canada, or 1.514.369.5706 if calling from elsewhere in the world.