Price may not include taxes applicable to your billing region
The Thermal and Flow Analysis course provides students with comprehensive instruction in the use of Simcenter 3D Thermal and Flow to model heat transfer and 3D fluid flow problems. Students will learn the skills necessary to carry out sophisticated thermal and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) analysis quickly and easily. The course covers both theoretical and practical aspects of how the software handles heat transfer and fluid flows. It also covers coupled thermal-flow analysis, and includes a variety of examples and tutorials addressing a wide range of applications.
Designers, engineers who use Simcenter 3D Pre/Post to model heat transfer and fluid flow
- Pre/Post Fundamentals (TR15220)
- Successful completion of Simcenter 3D Pre/Post self-paced courses on Learning Advantage can also be used to prepare for this course.
- Working knowledge of NX modeling.
- Basic understanding of finite element analysis (FEA) and computational fluid dynamics (CFD) principles.
- Student Guide
- Activity Material
- Meshing for thermal analysis
- Meshing for flow analysis
- Thermal boundary conditions
- Thermal couplings
- Radiation to environment
- Flow boundary conditions
- Convection modeling
- Solution attributes and solving
- Coupled thermal-flow analysis
- Post processing