Structural Analysis Toolkit
The Structural Analysis Toolkit for Nastran (SATK™) performs base-driven random simulation using Nastran eigenvectors. Its speed and accuracy are unmatched: extracting true Von Mises nodal stresses for the 980,000 node, 600,000 element model shown above, over 250 modes, and for 3 axes of vibration, took a mere 120 minutes! SATK is a game changer because:
- It uses state-of-the art integration algorithms: Integration occurs over only a subset of the requested results. And you don’t have to worry about specifying too few or too many integration frequencies.
- It computes composite ply stresses, strains and failure metrics (failure index, strength ratio and margin of safety).
- It doesn’t just compute RMS Von Mises stresses and ply metrics: Its fast approximation algorithm computes true, peak results that correspond to the probability you specify!
- It automatically computes stress margins of safety.
- It accounts for modal truncation effects.
- It’s parallelized.
- It uses the Nastran eigenvectors, which means the results are accurate.
SATK also performs harmonic base excitation, extracting phase-consistent Von Mises stresses.
SATK has a powerful Nastran .op2 results file reader: it processes selected data from the op2 file, and presents the results in Microsoft® Excel, HTML, FEMAP Neutral, Universal and ASCII formats. It is particularly useful in organizing numerous, large results data blocks into meaningful summaries, thereby saving valuable post-analysis results review time.
Key benefits of SATK include:
- Substantially reduces the time spent performing base excitation analysis – a factor of 2 or more is easily achieved
- Fast and reliable critical design information
- Increases productivity in all stages of structural analysis – from model generation through results preparation
- Efficiently processes results from a large number of load cases and very large models
- It integrates with NX™ and FEMAP
- It supports both NX™ and MSC Nastran
“Structural Analysis Toolkit turned a 2 day analysis (200,000 elements model with 100 modes with 3 random vibe cases) using a competing product, into a 6 minute job. Well worth the investment!””
William Villers, Director of Engineering
TEN TECH LLC