- Develop new thermal solver features to address customer needs in the aerospace industry;
- Develop new algorithms and methods for computational heat transfer (including radiation, conduction and 1-D convection), using finite volume and/or finite element based methods;
- Optimize pre-existing code and algorithms for both performance and accuracy;
- Assist customer support staff to diagnose thermal models and identify bugs; and
- Perform maintenance in a large code system consisting of FORTRAN, C and C++ code.
- A PhD degree with specialization in computational heat transfer, or equivalent experience
- A deep understanding of the physics of conductive, convective and radiative heat transfer, particularly as it is applied in the aircraft engine industry
- Experience working with large FORTRAN codes
- Strong software skills, including experience with C++, MPI, OpenMP, and/or CUDA
- Experience with finite volume or finite element methods
- Proficiency with an engineering analysis package in a CAD/CAE environment
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.