MAYA HTT is the largest simulation company in Canada and a world leading developer of mechanical engineering simulation software and Datacenter Infrastructure Management solutions. In addition to developing software, and as a strategic development partner and software reseller for Siemens PLM Software, MAYA also specializes in providing services including software customization and engineering numerical simulations in structural, thermal, and computational fluid dynamics. The world’s top tier engineering organizations rely on MAYA’s experience and expertise to achieve the full potential of their software and PLM investment. Constantly pushing the boundaries, MAYA is at the forefront of the next level innovative technologies such as AI, machine learning, IoT and Industry 4.0 innovations.
To support our continued growth, we are looking for ambitious, motivated individuals to join our team of Technical Presales. As Technical Pre-Sales Engineer , you will work closely with the sales, services and engineering teams to promote the growth of the Simcenter Portfolio products and must ensure that the proposed solution deals are technically sound, will address customer needs and be embraced by key decision makers.
This exciting opportunity offers a diverse range of skill development, from deep understanding of the application of flow and thermal problems in industry, to developing customer-oriented presentations, training, account management and business development skills in support of our larger sales strategies.
What to expect as your main responsibilities:
- Work alongside the Sales team on calls to apply technical knowledge of the Siemens Simulation portfolio, leveraging a combination of application and domain expertise to a variety of customers.
- Proactively reach out to existing customers to assess their current use of Simcenter Products and look for new opportunities to grow the Siemens Simulation Footprint.
- Develops proof of concepts and demonstrate how the proposed solution will meet customer needs and add value
- Create and deliver product demonstrations in support of the sales process
- Provide technical assistance to customers during software evaluation. This will be in the form of onsite or remote meetings during which the customer will learn how to best use the Simcenter Products.
- Gather customer technical requirements and support customer product evaluation through benchmarks and training against competitors’ products
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations; attending Siemens organized seminars and speaking at technical trade shows or conferences
- Maintain broad and up-to-date knowledge of product portfolio and solutions offered by MAYA
- Be the main technical point of contact with existing accounts to ensure customer satisfaction and expansion of business in those accounts
- Meet pre-sales targets and provide necessary reporting to track progress
- Contribute to the product development roadmap by evaluating current product functionality, identifying customer needs, monitoring competitive products, analyzing and relaying customer requirements to the Siemens Simcenter product development team.
- Train and mentor client technical leads and subject matter experts in the application of Simcenter products.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field with specialization in the fields of fluid dynamics and heat transfer.
- Excellent knowledge of computational fluid dynamics (CFD)
- Experience using one or more of the following simulation codes: Simcenter STAR, Simcenter Thermal-Flow, FloEFD, FloTherm, Simcenter 3D, NX Nastran, Simcenter Amesim, FEMAP, Amesim or equivalent.
- Position requires strong interpersonal skills, ownership, communication skills and problem solving capabilities. Ability to work as an individual contributor and as a team member.
- English proficiency
- Availability to travel
Nice to have
- 3 yrs related work experience in technical presales
- Knowledge of industry solutions such as ANSYS Fluent, Dassault Systems, PTC Creo, etc.
- Knowledge of advanced CFD applications, like combustion, Fluid-Structure-Interaction (FSI), Multiphase Flows, or other.
- Experience with commercial CAD package such as Catia or NX.
- Software solving multi Physics problems in one or more of the following domain areas: Electromagnetic, Structural Analysis, Dynamic Simulation, Thermal Simulation, Structural, Optimization, Motion Simulation, Durability, Acoustics.
Why join MAYA?
- Permanent position, competitive base salary, bonuses and annual performance reviews
- Fully paid by the employer medical, dental, life, short/long term disabilities insurance
- Lots of things to learn through skilled sparring partners
- Become a key member of a dynamic and award winning company that is a recognized worldwide industry leader