Maya HTT is the largest simulation company in Canada and a world leading developer of engineering simulation software and smart buildings solutions. Constantly pushing the boundaries, Maya HTT is at the forefront of the next level cutting-edge technologies such as AI, machine learning, IoT and Industry 4.0 innovations.
We are currently looking for versatile developers to join MAYA HTT’s ECAD/MCAD product group. This group develops software tools and applications for Maya’s clients designing advanced printed circuit board in multi-disciplinary engineering teams. The product development covers domains as varied as geometric modeling, computer-aided design and manufacturing, or numerical simulations, and can be implemented using languages such as C++, mainly.
What to expect as the main responsibilities:
- Use Agile development principles (scrum, Kanban) to develop, maintain, and integrate engineering software tools and products
- Understand client workflows, requirements, and needs, and recommend solutions and best practices
- Design, implement, and deploy new functionality
- Maintain existing products and support client requests
- Implement unit tests
- Propose and code fixes or workarounds for defects
- Properly document all work performed
You will be successful in this role if you are/have:
- Degree in Engineering / Computer Science, or other related experience
- Strong analytical and software programming skills (C++) – familiarity with object-oriented practices is required.
- Experience writing production code is beneficial
- Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation
- Strong problem solving skills and analytical thinking
- Ability to take initiative and ownership on tasks
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Familiarity with CAD/CAE/CAM platforms and PCB design processes is beneficial
- Experience with versioning systems and project management tools (Git, JIRA, VSTS, etc) is a plus
- Ability to work in a team and be self-motivated
Why join MAYA?
- Permanent position, competitive base salary, bonuses and annual performance reviews
- Fully paid by the employer medical, dental, life, short/long term disabilities insurance
- Lots of things to learn through skilled sparring partners
- Accessible via public transit, 4 minutes’ walk from Vendome metro & train station
- Become a key member of a dynamic and award winning company that is a recognized worldwide industry leader
|Job Category||ECAD MCAD|