We are looking for a General Accountant in a full-time, permanent position to join our team in Montreal.
This position will report directly to the company’s controller.
What to expect as your main responsibilities:
- Own the accounting month end close for several companies, including balance sheet account reconciliations, and update and balance the financial model against the accounting system
- Analyze income statement accounts for variances and compliance with accounting policy
- Participate in year-end audit process by preparing the schedules for external auditors
- Daily operational activities including: reviewing sales invoices for accuracy and applicable sales taxes (Canada and USA), ensuring the bank deposits, collections, and credit card processing are completed timely and accurately by the accounting clerk
- Prepare monthly adjusting journal entries for deferred revenue, intercompany invoicing, and royalty expense calculation
- Prepare US sales tax remittances by state and reconcile monthly
- Perform internal reporting, special projects and analysis as required
- Recommend efficiencies and methods of optimization and standardization for month-end processes
- Act as backup and support to the Assistant Controller
You will be successful in this role if you:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (required), with at least 3 years of experience in a similar position, in a multi-currency, multi-company environment
- Good knowledge of Sage 50 or other accounting software is a must
- Advanced Excel capabilities are essential. Knowledge of macros and Access would be an asset.
- Must be able to multi-task and work autonomously, while collaborating effectively in a small team environment
- Are organized and detail-oriented; You are analytical- – you connect the dots and apply what you learned to solve problems
- Are passionate about learning, and highly motivated and willing to learn new systems, while providing support in a dynamic role
- You take initiative, and you are resourceful in getting the required information to get your job done
- Are comfortable in a small company environment
- Are bilingual (English and French)
Why join MAYA?
- Become a key member of a high-energy and dynamic company that is a recognized industry leader
- Great work environment with trust and autonomy, collaborative team, and regular schedule
- Feel that you make a difference, and see the impact of your work
- Accessible via public transit, a short walk from Vendome metro & train station
- Comprehensive benefits package, including fully paid insurance
- Competitive annual salary
Please note: Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted