Price may not include taxes applicable to your billing region
The Simcenter 3D Space Systems Thermal course provides students with comprehensive instruction in the use of Simcenter 3D Pre/Post to build spacecraft models, simulating orbital heating including solar and planet fluxes as well as conduction, radiation and convection within the model. Students will learn the skills necessary to build or modify geometry, create a finite element mesh, define orbits and articulation, and carry out sophisticated thermal analysis of spacecraft. The course covers both theoretical and practical aspects of how the software handles heat transfer and includes a variety of examples and tutorials addressing techniques for each step in the process.
Designers, engineers who use Simcenter 3D Pre/Post to model heat transfer and radiation in aerospace applications
- Pre/Post Fundamentals (TR15220)
- Successful completion of Simcenter 3D Pre/Post self-paced courses on Learning Advantage can also be used to prepare for this course.
- Working knowledge of NX modeling.
- Basic understanding of finite element analysis (FEA).
- Student Guide
- Activity Material
- Introduction to Simcenter
- Meshing and material properties for thermal analyses
- Creating models with primitives
- Heat transfer and space concepts
- Thermal initial and boundary conditions
- Thermal couplings and radiation
- Orbital and solar heating
- Solution options and solving
- Post processing
- Results mapping