From material evaluation to full-scale modeling
Composite designs can deliver ultra-strong, lightweight products, although at the cost of added complexity. Achieve the best designs with insight from the experts. Leverage our industrial and software experience to support your process and product development needs.
Define representative orthotropic material properties for use in downstream simulations and damage modeling. Identify manufacturing constraints and progressively account for them in the simulation as the design evolves. Quantitatively and qualitatively validate component laminate models in complex assembly models.
We add layers of optimization to your design
We know composite simulation and test, on Earth and in space. From manufacturing process to structural optimization, our modeling and simulation expertise delivers excellent thermal-structural performance, at the right scale and depth for your project.
Some project highlights
Designed a new, more complex spacecraft structure, complete with its own subsystems
Defined the structural and thermal designs of solar array honeycomb panels
Performed qualification vibration testing of composite structures
Designed mass-efficient laminate components (bus floor)
Uncovering the best solutions
We couldn’t possibly list everything we do! Here are just some of our other design services:
- Design of advanced composites employing continuous fibers manufacturing processes
- Any process involving hand layup of plies (RTM, VARTM, etc..) or processes that involve automated material deposition (ATL, AFP)
- Detailed simulation methodology (nonlinear fasteners, buckling/post-bucking, damage)
- Laminate structure optimization (OptiAssist)
- Advanced composite materials modelling and characterization (MultiMechanics)
- Thermoelastic distortion analysis
Next-gen design for the digital enterprise
Hybrid engine tech delivers competitive and agile access to space Reaction Dynamics (RDX) has been...
Aircraft manufacturer uses NX CAD and Teamcenter to develop wing that increases fuel payload by 35...
Customer-driven designs “Our customers’ wishes are sacred,” explains Pieter Schouten, ICT manager...
Curious about how Maya HTT can help you?
Let's explore better solutions together.